Pre-school and KS1 professionals working with children up to the age of 7 are invited to attend a FREE conference in September which aims to offer professional development and improve classroom behaviour, attendance and achievement.
The conference, on September 21, from 4-7pm at Sun Pier House, Chatham, Kent, forms the final stage of the THRIVE EU project which involves partners from six different countries and has been funded by Erasmus +.
The THRIVE objectives include:
- Educate teachers regarding processes and methods of teaching.
- Provide teachers with valuable non-formal education methods in working with children towards the promotion of a positive school climate.
- Arm teachers with basic soft skills in order to prepare children to enter and succeed in the classroom.
- Improve teachers’ quality in monitoring and detecting risk factors of school attendance.
- Assist children’s self-development and enhance motivation of learning.
Diagrama Foundation European Project Manager Laida Quijano said: “We have been collecting research from across Europe into the needs of teaching and support staff to form the basis of our e-learning tool. We have looked at best practices to guide our information and are now excited to be heading towards the final stage of sharing the outcomes with professionals in the UK.
"The learning platform will be free to use and can be broken down into bite-sized sections - which we know from our research will be vital for time-strapped professionals in the field. There will be a host of case examples to help users adapt to their own working environments."
The e-tool will provide knowledge and techniques regarding early childhood education and learning through play, aiming to promote students’ motivation for learning. Project research found teaching staff across Europe wanted training in classroom management, cultural diversity, risk detection and communication to reduce stress levels and improve standards, while time and money were proving to be the biggest barrier to professional development.
The THRIVE Final Conference is free to attend but places must be reserved in advance via eventbrite or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Refreshments will be provided. More information on the project can be found at www.thriveeu.eu